10 L-Glutamine Benefits
L-Glutamine can help you maintain healthy cellular energy levels, reduce muscle loss and degeneration, and increase muscle gain. For these reasons and more, L-Glutamine has been used by athletes and body builders for years to improve their performance, but that’s not all L-Glutamine is useful for. In this article we will reveal 10 amazing benefits of L-Glutamine for us all.
10 L-Glutamine Health Benefits
1) Repair your gastrointestinal lining. L-Glutamine can improve nutrient absorption and help reduce irritable bowel syndrome, which is linked with diarrhea and poor digestion.
2) Regulate blood sugar levels. One of the glutamine health benefits favorable to diabetics, L-Glutamine helps the body utilize glucose and reduce insulin resistance.
3) Build muscle. L-Glutamine is one of the top body building supplements available today. One of the benefits of glutamine for endurance athletes is its ability to protein synthesis and muscle gain.
4) Control depression and mood swings. Another of the benefits of L-Glutamine is the removal of toxic ammonia wastes from brain tissues. This helps stabilize mood swings, and generate a more positive attitude.
5) Repair damaged cartilage. Useful for arthritis and general joint degeneration, L-Glutamine can help rebuild joint tissues.
6) Boost your immune system. L-Glutamine can increase energy and immune system support.
7) Autoimmune diseases. A further benefit of L-Glutamine is fighting back against autoimmune diseases that provoke the immune system to go renegade and attack its own cells and tissues.
8) Improved IQ. Not only does L-Glutamine improve brain activity, stabilize brain impulses, and help heal brain tissue, but it also benefits Schizophrenia patients by being able to cross the blood and brain barriers.
9) Reduce the damaging effects of radiation. Cancer patients often undergo radiation treatment in their battle against cancer. Taking an L-Glutamine supplement while being treated with radiation can help reduce the damaging effects of radiation on healthy tissues.
10) Remove harmful ammonia. A harmful byproduct of the body, ammonia can lead to serious health issues. One of the benefits of glutamine is getting this harmful ammonia out of the body.
Bonus! 11) Cure ulcers. Studies show that 1.6 grams of glutamine taken daily has a 92% cure rate for ulcers in four weeks.
Favored by bodybuilders as one of the most important amino acids, L-Glutamine aids muscle metabolism and cellular support. But L-Glutamine health benefits are not for the bodybuilder only. We all want to maintain a healthy intestinal system and boost our immune system. Glutamine is synthesized in skeletal muscle and then released into the bloodstream. From there it is transported to the kidneys, liver, and small intestines. It is further used by white blood cells, contributing to a healthier immune system.
With any dietary supplements you will want to refer to your primary health care provider for further health tips. Be aware of possible side effects that may be incurred through other dietary practices or prescribed medicines.