Is Cinnamon Good for You?
Many ask “what is cinnamon good for” when investigating the spice’s properties and alleged health benefits. Surprisingly, cinnamon’s health benefits range from lowering blood sugar to helping control LDL cholesterol. Often seen only as a food or spice, people often disregard cinnamon as a legitimate medical tool. So, is cinnamon good for you? The answer is yes!
1. Lowers Blood Glucose: Cinnamon has been shown to lower the levels of glucose in the blood, making it the perfect solution for those with diabetes. Studies have shown this to be a real health advantage compared to a sea of false cinnamon health benefits. Do not, though, start a cinnamon regimen without talking to your doctor first, as this might cause blood sugar levels to drop dangerously low. Also, do not replace cinnamon supplements with your normal medication. While many health tips include starting to add cinnamon excessively to your diet, be aware that this might damage your body and health.
2. Lowers LDL Cholesterol: Cinnamon has also been shown to reduce LDL (or bad cholesterol) in the blood. This is good news for those fighting high cholesterol, or those simply looking for a healthy habit to start. The cholesterol lowering effects of cinnamon can also be seen for up to twenty days after discontinued use! Just like using cinnamon for diabetes, though, do not stop taking your normal medications in exchange for a cinnamon supplement. Starting a supplement should also only begin after talking to your health care professional.
3. Antifungal, Antibacterial and Antiparasitic: Preliminary studies have shown that cinnamon is potent as an antifungal, antibacterial, and antiparasitic agent. From helping cure ulcers to eliminating a variety of yeast infections, there is definitely a possibility that cinnamon will be shown to do more than just flavor food. These scientific findings are still in their early stages, though, and should no be substituted for more proved forms of medicine. Also keep in mind that the fantastic rumor of miraculous cinnamon and honey health benefits is false. While cinnamon and honey are both healthy choices, they are no miracle cure.
The Benefits of Cinnamon
Why is cinnamon good for you? From helping cure certain infections to lowering blood sugar and cholesterol, there are more benefits to cinnamon than simply being a delicious spice in cookies and cakes. The best part is that cinnamon’s properties and health benefits are still being discovered to this day. Do not, though, replace your usual medication with a cinnamon supplement. Talk to your doctor first if you want to approach your health from a more natural method such as starting a cinnamon regimen. You might even find a way to enhance and improve your health.
- A Wide Range of Cinnamon Health Benefits
- The Truth about the Honey and Cinnamon Hoax
- The Truth about the Health Benefits of Cinnamon and Honey
- Are Protein Shakes Good For You?
- Why How Many Calories in Grapes Make It A Good Snack