Many health and fitness articles explain that good fitness is the key to a longer and happier life. What exactly does it mean to be fit? The American Heritage Dictionary defines fitness as: Good health or physical condition, especially as the result of exercise and proper nutrition. What if you could increase your fitness simply by incorporating a few workout tips into your exercise habits? In this fitness article we’ll explore a variety of tips that, when followed consistently, will increase your overall level of physical condition.
Health and Fitness Tips
While there isn’t a single fitness tip that will have you looking and feeling great, there are some general tips that when taken together with your specific fitness plan can yield excellent results:
• Have a plan – It’s a fact that people with written plans and goals achieve their objectives far more often than those who don’t. Decide what your fitness goals are and write them down. Revisit your goals monthly to see how you’re doing and whether your goals need modification.
• Be consistent – When determining your goals, be sure to make them realistic. It is much better to start small and stick with it than to overestimate your abilities and quit out of frustration. A 15 minute walk per day if done every day will have some health benefits.
• Stay positive – The difference between someone who wakes up every day eager to hit the gym and someone who dreads it is simply attitude. Staying positive can go a long way toward helping you meet your fitness goals. If you have trouble getting into a positive mood, think about the reasons why you want to have better fitness. Is it to look and feel better? Is it to have a longer life with family and friends? When your motivation wanes think about your reasons and it will put a spring back into your step.
Regular physical activity is a primary key in developing good physical fitness. Here are a few exercise tips to incorporate into your daily routine:
• Monitor your heart rate – When doing cardio try to keep your heart rate at 75% of maximum for optimal results. While any cardio is helpful, you’ll see improved endurance by exercising at a higher intensity. If you need to, work up to it by doing intervals at a higher intensity then dropping back down to a lower intensity for a few minutes to rest.
• Stay hydrated – Your body needs water to carry out all of its essential functions. Be sure to drink plenty of water before, during and after your workout.
It’s a fact that having a personal trainer can help you meet your fitness goals more quickly and efficiently than you can by training alone. Here are a few personal trainer tips to help you get the most out of your training:
• Find a trainer you’re comfortable with – You’ll become close with your trainer and if your personalities don’t match you won’t be able to get the results you want. You want a trainer who is tough and will push you to your limits, but you also want a trainer who is respectful and will push you with encouragement.
• Schedule and pay for appointments in advance – Sometimes it takes monetary motivation to get a person to the gym. Schedule your training appointments in advance and tell your trainer to keep the fee if you cancel with less than 24-hours notice.
• Set goals and write down your progress – Have your trainer help you establish some fitness indicators and monitor them on a monthly basis. After each check-in, set new goals for the coming month.
Fitness Tips for Women
It’s a fact that women are built differently than men. Here are a few tips targeted specifically for women’s fitness:
• Resistance training is important – Many women hit the treadmill and aerobics class but don’t lift weights because they don’t want to appear bulky. The fact is that lean muscle mass will help to burn extra fat. Incorporate weight lifting into your routine 3 times per week for optimum results.
• Be realistic with your expectations – When it comes to building fitness and losing weight, it won’t be an overnight project. Celebrate small successes and often these are the kinds of things that won’t show up on a scale. Running your first mile, increasing the weight on the leg press and doing your first full set of chin ups are all milestones to be celebrated.
Fitness Tips for Men
More hours spent at the office means fewer hours spent working on physical fitness. While time may be a precious commodity there are a few fitness tips that can help men get into better shape.
• Make your recreation time active – Instead of sitting down and playing a video game when you get home from work, why not try an active game? With all the interactive, physically minded games on the market you can combine entertainment and exercise. Better yet, you can also get in some quality time with the kids at the same time.
• Reduce stress whenever possible – Take time to unwind and relax each day. Work out disagreements as they arise.
• Workout each day – It doesn’t have to be all or nothing. 20 minutes on the treadmill or the stair master is great when you do it every day. If you have time for just 15 minutes of weight lifting 3x a week that is an added bonus.
Achieving optimum fitness takes time and effort but with some planning and dedication you can get the results you want. Remember to take things one at a time and don’t get overwhelmed. The key is to go at it slow and steady and to be realistic with your expectation. By incorporating a little bit of fitness advice you can make a change for the better without dramatically impacting your current way of life.
For more tips and information read the articles below:
Running a half marathon is a great way to reach multiple health goals. And it’s becoming more and more popular of a choice among marathon runners, trainers, and aspirants. Half marathons are good goals for beginning runners to work towards, and they are great training for shorter, faster races for more experienced athletes.
A couple of years ago I signed up for my first marathon as a motivation to start running again and lose weight. I was in horrible shape at the time and had gained 10kg so I couldn’t just use a standard 12 week marathon training schedule – that would have been a perfect recipe for injury and not reaching my goal. Instead I did a lot of research and ended up combining my own marathon training schedule for beginners from the many marathon running tips and advice I came across.
Tagged with: 12 week marathon training schedule, beginner marathon training schedule, marathon training for beginners, marathon training guide, marathon training plan, marathon training plans, marathon training program, marathon training schedule, marathon training schedule for beginners
Running is a great way to stay in shape and maintain a sense of overall wellness. In order to get motivated and have a great time while running, you should definitely grab your Ipod or MP3 player and download some great tunes. Earlier we covered some good running songs 2011 that included some classic hits. In this post we’d like to give you a run down on some of the best running songs that have come out this year. While everyone has different likes and dislikes when it comes to music, these are some of the best songs to run to 2011.
Jogging is a popular exercise known all over the world, including the United Sates. Health benefits of jogging affect people of all ages and all sizes. Jogging can be done anywhere and at any time with a jogging partner, with many people or alone. Jogging is most effective for aerobic exercises, which elevates your heart rate and cardiovascular health helps to maintain blood flow and circulation. All in all, adding jogging into your daily schedule is one of the best health tips you can incorporate.
Detox cleanse, as the name implies, is the process of cleansing and detoxifying the body. A full body cleanse isn’t about starving yourself or depriving your body of something. In essence, what you are undertaking when you choose to cleanse your body is a renewal – think of it like Spring cleaning! To cleanse your body is to enable you to strengthen your body’s flushing organs like the liver, kidneys and intestines. Your body will even release toxins through your skin! Think of the toxins that you are exposed to on a daily basis – environmental, nutritional, and drug-related. Indoor and outdoor pollution, additives in our food and pesticides are just a few of the sources of the toxins that our bodies absorb through our lungs, stomach and skin.
There is a reason that push ups are included in the workout routines of some of the most well respected fitness experts in the world. Push ups are a whole-body exercise that, over time can help you increase your metabolism, burn fat and improve your endurance. In this guide we’ll give you an overview of some of the push ups benefits you can expect from this simple and effective exercise.
Getting back into shape is much easier with a goal, and there’s no better goal than training for a 5k beginner run. That said, too many people try to do too much too fast, which causes them to give up running before they’ve even really had a chance. In this guide, we’ll give you a 5k training schedule beginner plan that will help you go from sedentary to running 5k in a little over two months. Ready to get started? Let’s go!
If you’re looking to increase your agility, responsiveness and overall ability you need every advantage you can get. A strategic footballers diet is important to be at the peak of your game.
There’s nothing that can keep you more motivated when you’re working out than good running songs. While everyone has differing taste in music, here’s our suggestions for some “must-have” songs.
Good Songs for Running – Classics
If you happen to like classics, there is a huge number of good running songs. Here are just a few:
What Are Your Goals?
First you’ll want to determine what you want to gain out of a home gym workout routine. Are you looking to improve muscle tone, lose weight, increase endurance? Maybe a little of all three? Invest in a notebook and make a list of the goals you want to achieve. Try to brainstorm long-term and short-term goals. A short-term goal might be to consistently exercise 5 days per week for a month. A long-term goal might be to lose 20 pounds in 4 months. The clearer you can be with goal setting the greater chance you have of meeting your goals.
If it’s been awhile since you had a regular exercise routine, it’s a good idea to start with beginning workout routines for men. Once you’ve acclimated to working out on a daily basis you can increase the intensity. The workout routine below can be modified for beginners. Either cut the suggested times in half or work at a reduced intensity level. Gradually build up as your strength and endurance increases.
Creatine has been widely promoted by health magazines, fitness gurus and personal trainers around the country. Research shows that creatine really does help build muscle – but the question is, are there any creatine monohydrate side effects? The last thing you want to do is take a supplement to help you get stronger and feel better just to find out that you weren’t prepared for creatine side effects. In this guide we’ll explain how creatine works, talk about the common dangers of creatine.
If you’re looking for a way to boost your daily workouts and build muscle quickly and safely, take a look at nitric oxide supplements. By adding just one supplement to your daily regimen you can make a big difference in the effectiveness of your workouts.
Tagged with: best nitric oxide supplement, free nitric oxide supplement samples, nitric oxide side effects, nitric oxide supplement side effects, nitric oxide supplements, nitric oxide supplements side effects
If you’re interested in finding a workout routine that will provide cardiovascular benefits as well as strength training then kettlebell is something you should take a look at. Kettlebell workout routines are extremely effective at toning muscle while also increasing cardiovascular endurance. On top of all the health benefits, kettlebells training is just plain fun when compared to traditional weight training exercises.