Are Raisins Good for You?
Raisins are more than just a good snack for the kids to munch on or as something to pack in your sack lunch when you go on a picnic or short trip. There may be some common health benefits associated with them. In this article, we attempt to answer the question: are raisins good for you? Overall, the answer appears to be yes. Here are some of the reasons why you should consider ditching that bag of chips and picking up a bag of some delicious raisins.
What is the nutritional value?
Are raisins healthy for you? Do they have any sort of a nutritional value? Many doctors and health experts across the globe will tell you that in fact, they do. They are filled with numerous antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, as well as other special nutrients that your body needs to function properly.
Common Health Benefits
Now that you know raisins are indeed healthy for you, there are many raisins health benefits that we should explore below, so you have a good idea of just how great they are and why you should consider adding them to your diet.
- Protect against certain diseases—Some specific types of raisins, particularly California raisins, which are laden with an extremely high amount of antioxidants, may be able to protect you from certain diseases which tend to come with age, such as heart disease. They may also protect you from getting high cholesterol, because they prevent your LDL, that is, bad levels of cholesterol, from building up inside your artery walls.
- High in fiber—If you need more fiber in your diet, for one reason or another, raisins may be able to help you. There is nearly 2 grams of fiber in just 1/4 cup of raisins, which means that if you were the eat a whole cup or more, you would yield at least 8 grams of fiber.
Other nutritional benefits
Most raisins nutrition facts state that there are quite a few more benefits associated with the consumption of raisins. In fact, one specific compound which grows in raisins may help to lessen your chances of developing gum disease and cavities. This is great because it increases your chances of living longer.
If you and your family are health conscious, you could try organic raisins. They are more likely to ensure that the previously mentioned benefits of eating raisins actually take place. While everyday raisins may offer a plethora of benefits, organic raisins are all natural, which increases the likelihood of them benefitting you in one or more of the aforementioned ways.
Hopefully, these health tips about raisins were exactly what you needed in order to be persuaded about the great benefits associated with eating this incredible snack. Even if you don’t like raisins, it may be good to eat them every once in awhile. Do it for your health.
- Exploring Raisin Health Benefits
- Why How Many Calories in Grapes Make It A Good Snack
- 4 Nutrients Found Foods Good for Liver Health