Are Pistachios Good for You?
Many people are frequently asking the question: are pistachios good for you? In this article, we will cover nearly every angle across the spectrum. Are pistachio nuts good for you? We think so. Here are some of the common reasons why we believe this to be true.
Good or Bad?
For the most part, pistachios seem to be quite good for you. Are pistachios healthy? We say absolutely. For one thing, they have a lot of potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus, all of which is extremely beneficial to your overall health. They can help to benefit you in a wide variety of ways, which is why we have deemed these incredible nuts to be mostly good. However, there is a bit of a downside to them as well that you must keep in mind when you are snacking away on a bowl of pistachio nuts.
Are These Nuts Fattening?
Are pistachios fattening? The answer to that question is that they could be. These are one of the types of foods that you really want to eat in moderation if at all possible. Monounsaturated fats, which are one of the worst fat types for you, are highly prevalent in pistachios, so you really should steer clear of eating them more than four times a week, and when you do eat them, try to eat no more than 30 nuts over a one-week period, because they can be a little bit fattening. The protein content in them also makes them a bit more fattening than other types of nuts.
Here are some common pistachio benefits that you should bear in mind. These are the common reasons why you should eat pistachio nuts:
- High Potassium Content—Keeps your body fluidity in check so that everything balances out and you don’t get extremely sick
- Phosphorous—Since pistachios also have phosphorus in them, you can be sure that you will have strong bones and teeth built up, as this works like a protein
- Magnesium—Converts your body’s energy so you have more of it to use when you are running or doing any sort of exercise. Then, when you are resting, you burn less energy, so the energy and calories burnt do not turn into fat as easily
- Vitamin B6—Helps your body to absorb foods better and it may also help to boost your metabolism as needed
- Thiamine—This helps to increase your overall levels of energy and it also helps to give you a normal appetite, which is great if you are focusing on weight loss
Other Health Tips
Another one of many health tips you should keep in mind when eating pistachios is to avoid any salted or oil-roasted pistachio nuts because these tend to have extremely high levels of sodium and fat in them, which is counterproductive to your healthy lifestyle and weight loss efforts.
Are pistachios good for you? Yes, if you eat them in moderation.