The Buzz About Alton Brown Weight Loss
The Alton Brown weight loss routine originally began when Alton Brown himself saw a certain set of vacation photos. After a recent cat fishing trip, Brown was disgusted with the image of himself he saw on some of the photos from the trip. After stepping off the scale, Brown went on a crusade to better himself and his body. His show on the food network, “Good Eats” showed delicious yet health conscious food. The Alton Brown weight loss book, Live and Let Diet, which describes his whole story along with providing readers with helpful health tips.
The Alton Brown Diet
What exactly are the groundbreaking tips and tricks that helped Alton Brown shed over 50 pounds in only weeks? The secret is in his specialized diet where he actually made his own food groups to help him manage what he ate and prepared in the kitchen.
- Daily: Fruits, whole grains, leafy greens, nuts, carrots, green tea…basically everything healthy and wholesome minded.
- 3 times weekly: Oily fish, yogurt, broccoli, sweet potato, avocado are a part of this food group. This group adds beneficial, natural fats and sugars to your diet instead of the more harmful ones.
- 1 time weekly: In this group there is red meat, pasta, dessert, and alcohol, better known as “healthy indulgences.” Notice that there is a minimal amount of processed sugar. Even Alton’s desserts are healthy.
- 0 times weekly: Fast food, soda, processed meals, canned soups, and anything with the word “diet” in them are never eaten. Why? Processed sugar is useless to the human body. So is anything that touts the being a diet food. “Diet” usually includes artificial sweeteners and “fake” food. This will clog up your body and might actually even keep the pounds on your thighs, stomach, and arms.
It’s easy to see that this diet is aimed at healthy foods (veggies, nuts, and fruit) instead of those that only seem healthy (pasta, red meat, and even yogurt). The trick here is to eat the foods your body can break down efficiently every day while avoiding those with extras, like fat and sugar. Alton Brown illustrates this through an analogy about your gas tank. If you put in too much gas, at the end of the day you’ll have some left over that will need to be stored in your tank. Compare this to your body, and you have the reason to avoid eating bad food. For Alton Brown Live and Let Die isn’t just another diet. The Alton Brown diet plan a lifestyle change.
You and Alton Brown Weight Loss
So if you’re looking to shed pounds the healthy way, Alton Brown Weight Loss might just be the answer for you. With this diet emphasizing on eating healthy, low energy foods that your body can use compared to extra, wasted energy, you’re sure to see a healthier you in no time.
- Beginning Ramdev Baba Yoga for Weight Loss
- HCG Weight Loss
- Hannah Waterman Weight Loss – Keep Fit with this Exercise Routine
- The Kelly Osbourne Weight Loss Triumph